Tuesday, June 30, 2015

6MU017 "Career Prep" - Site work Day 9

Monday 29/6/2015
Site: Studio 21:05
Supervisor: JD Wong
Working hours: 7pm - 1am (6 hours)

Foreword: Consultations

Timeline:
7pm - Reported to work, briefed on today's consultation job

8pm - Went over to Paranormal Studios with supervisor to oversee set-up and recording of artist Narmi in new studio
8:30pm - Observed set-up and recording session, assisted in set-up and session prep

1am - Dismissed
Reflection: 
Today is an outlier in that my supervisor doesn't usually do consultations. I suppose it is my luck to be able to observe him working as a consultant to a relative new studio set-up, as I too get the benefit of learning the ground-works.

The session was in Logic X, which was more familiar to me as opposed to my supervisor, glad to say I managed to assist better today than I usually would back in the studio.

The artist today was Narmi and his band, we did a live recording in a medium sized room, surprisingly good room sound given that it wasn't fully treated yet.
Once again efficiency proved vital in sessions like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment