Thursday, June 18, 2015

6MU017 "Career Prep" - Site work Day 5

Thursday 18/6/2015
Site: Studio 21:05
Supervisor: JD Wong
Working hours: 1pm - 8pm (7 hours)

Foreword: Studio maintenance day.

Timeline:

1pm - Reported to work, briefing on maintenance work schedule for the day

1:30pm - Install new cable ties on studio XLR and 1/4" jack cables

2pm - Cleaned most of the studio cable contacts with contact cleaner

4pm - Re-patched all cables after drying

4:30pm - Dust away mix console

5pm - Observe mixing session by supervisor, song by artist "Aina"

8pm - Dismiss

Reflection:
The studio's annual maintenance day happened to be today, thus I got the opportunity to have a taste of the inner workings and patching of this studio, which I sorely needed as I failed to fully comprehend the full signal chain during the 1st briefing.

After cleaning through all the cable contact point, I had the challenge of recalling all the original patch work and restoring it.

Remainder of the day was spent on observing my supervisor running a mix session from the day before. Managed to pick up some new mix techniques, but also made me realise how inadequate my own techniques are.

No comments:

Post a Comment