Sunday, February 10, 2019

One bad service, one angry table.

Dear no one,

How are you? Once again I seek your ever patient self to lend me an ear, hear out my troubles for the time being, since I have naught a person to shed my frustrations on.

One specific instruction, one caveat that was simple enough to understand. I was to make sure their meal was vegetarian.

Service was busy, we had a table of ten people occupy the centre of the restaurant at that time. That table put a choke hold in the kitchen cue.

Roti canai, and a vegetarian fried rice. What could go wrong?

Well, curry that came with the roti canai has chicken in it.

Stupid mistake. Amateur. Stupid...

Customer was pissed.

Long wait didn't help at all.

Customer became more pissed...

Should have asked the kitchen, double checked the contents... Should have warned them that the meal will take a while.... Should have kept them posted, be more apologetic, more transparent...

Ah well, I guess 'tis the rite of passage, helping out in hospitality and services.

Alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment