Friday, February 15, 2019

Valentines Haiku.

Well who would've thought that having an English composition class session dedicated to valentines day would happen to me? Ah well, we're suppose to prepare something, so I thought I'd try my hand in some haiku.

Poetry's not my strength,
words and rhymes are such a chore.
Please cheer my attempt.

'Tis Valentine's day,
chocolates, kisses, and couples.
All lovely things, you'd say.

Not for me at all,
I would prefer a buffet,
where the fee is small.

I may go solo,
But buffet's still a good choice,
even for a duo.

Hear me out on this,
picture yourselves at the date,
happy, full of bliss.

But also famished,
that's when your love leans in close.
You'd think for a kiss

A peck on your lips?
Alas, you' have been deceived!
They wanted your chips.

But rejoice my friends,
For this is an all-you-can-eat!
Munch-on till the end.

So, my toast to thee,
To the couples, do have fun.
To the rest, I'm free.

No comments:

Post a Comment