Monday, December 3, 2018

The seasonal revivals.

Dear No One,

Seems like this space has a tendency to draw me back every so often, for want of my thoughts and perspectives.

How has it been? 'Tis quite a while since my last posting, I admit, but you have to concede that one hardly feels the need to write to the void when one has a significant other to confide in.

Yet this has changed now, in fact it has been almost half a year since the split. But only recently did I feel the sense of catharsis, tasting a semblance of acceptance to the situation, thus I feel the want to write here once again, just as an idle fulfilment to my need of being heard.

So how fare thee, my old friend? It is strange to share my current thoughts in a space that also captured the innocence of my youth, near a decade ago. Oh the reckless abandon of an ignorant youth, 'tis all too amusing and embarrassing to behold.

I suppose you do deserve some updates from my end. Where do I begin...?

For starters, I'm doing a second undergraduate degree in Music Therapy in the US, how's that for a change? Spent a year and a half in the recording studio, made me ruminate on many things about my choices in life, and now I am in a foreign land trying to figure out the theory of the mind while manoeuvring this social and cultural maze of trying to blend in without losing myself.

Of course, the break-up initially made me relentlessly contemplative, but with each day passing, I grow less and less affected by it to be honest. Dare I say that hope seems to be returning as well.

Student life has been kind to me so far, and to be honest, I didn't even realise how much I miss learning. My only fear now is complacency, that is to make the same mistake as my previous studies, buried in the books, but lose out on the connections, the network, the people... I'm still all too tempted to stay in my shell, but this time around, I intend to try my hand in doing the tangible, at least that's the plan for now. What come may, we'll see.

Anyway, 'tis awfully nice to chat with you again, I'll  be sure not to wait too long before my next update. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment