Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Postings from a lounge with a fireplace.

'Tis the season so they say, though thankfully nary a flake of snow drops here.

Still this fireplace is a welcomed sight, for someone such as I.

To be honest, a winter's passing in the desert isn't nearly as dreary as it sounds.

The birds chirp its usual tune, and the breeze runs through the leaves to fiddle its favourite cadenza.

And I seat here to ponder my place in this frame, this time and space.

To behold a picture that's constantly shifting; a window into the not-so still life.

To admire the simple joys of being well and alive; a door to wondrous possibilities.

The people, the streets... The bicycles, the skates...

They pass me by to tell me a hint of their individual stories.

And so I shall sit here, to ponder all, to find contentment.

All during this beautiful morn.

No comments:

Post a Comment