Sunday, August 18, 2013

Melodies of one's passing.

I heard this song being played by a pair of seniors last Friday. They were the guest performers for the week, and it's been awhile since the duo had been on stage together. Eugene and Terry, our college's very own Antoine Dufour & Tommy Gauthier. I did not initially know what song they did, but I do know it was a really heart-warming song. I went home to search for it, and lo I found it:




As I've guessed, they did do a Antoine/Tommy number, and also found out that this version is actually a cover. The song was originally written by Don Ross, a Canadian finger-style player. He wrote this song in memory of his Aunt who passed away. Catherine was her name, and the song invokes a really charming and heartfelt impression of her. Sounded lovely when they played it last Friday, and now, the song is stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment