Thursday, August 29, 2013

In the shadow of a misconception.

There is this cloud lingering in my thoughts. I always found it a hindrance, this feeling that demands reciprocation when in reality it does nothing but pushes away further the thing of which it so desperately wants.

This shade of red I so greatly yearn, but then truly is it red, or is it a maroon? I have failed to see the latter as such. What right should I have then to judge when in truth I know not her colour?

Indeed, red is a beautiful colour. I see it fit I should understand the colour deeper. But a fool I am; despite already knowing the red is an illusion, and maroon may very well be a reality; that I still choose to paint this portrait of roses.

Joy is knowing maroon. But why do I keep seeing red?

Had you known my desperation I fear you will be alienated by me.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you make me think of period. STHAP! It's a bloody well written piece of confusing manly thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of using the colours as a descriptive tool, rather, as a metaphorical tool... But now, I cannot un-see your interpretation... =_=

    ReplyDelete