Monday, November 25, 2019

To think of someone.

Maybe it's overdue, or perhaps it's in its expected season. Anyhow, here I am musing about a thought, a dream, a passing illusion.

The wounds are old now, yet the scars ever present. Days go by and I still experience the brief sting of reliving a memory of one once held dear.

And then last night prevailed a different dream.

A new person, a new face, and flutters in the belly all the same.

Infatuated? Perhaps. Charmed? Very.

Unrequited? I fear so.

Maybe this will lead to eventual disappointment, yet I can't help but feel this to be better than the melancholy of yesteryear. Alas, such dark times scarcely have comparisons.

Anyway, I might very well be somewhat enamoured once again, so uncanny yet so familiar...

I wonder if she feels the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment