Thursday, June 20, 2019

Insomnia rantings.

I can't sleep.

This shouldn't come as a surprise. I know it's nice, this idea of rest and respite. Yet this is not my first time, my circadian rhythm being misaligned, it's not fine, this plight of mine.

I can't sleep.

What would you have me do? My thoughts are few - 'tis true - but they're the cause of my blues. My mind cannot divine this line between good, bad, maybe both are entwined?

I can't sleep.

It's the prevailing thought of yesteryear, the anguish and tears, the isolation and fear. Misguided or misconstrued, what was done to me was crude, and thus my heart was bruised.

I can't sleep.

Ten months I've spent, through confessions and rants, whether improvised or planned, I had hoped that I've moved; I've processed; I've accepted.

I CAN'T SLEEP.

Alas, nights like these, they make me doubt if I had put enough effort to let go.

Funny, why should there be any effort put in letting go?

I don't know.

Do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment