Sunday, May 5, 2013

5 years ago

It wasn't too long ago that I recall. The 15 year-old  I was back then reluctantly heading home back to Subang, I was living in Sitiawan at that time.

It was the elections back in 2008, and I was far less interested in the happenings of the event. I knew that politics were a nasty sector to be in, and all men are greedy. That of course was my assumption back then. I had to follow my parents back because they wanted to vote, something they had never done in several years according to my mum. What compelled them to vote that year? I didn't know until I grew older, they saw the need to go back and vote, they sensed something different that year. True enough, they became part of a new step in our political scene, the elections that year saw an increase in the opposition seats being won.

Looking at the news happening around me now, spontaneous is the word to describe it at the very least. What are my views you can ask? Simple, a new government. Be it anything, so long as it's not the old BN, reason being that there has been far too many glaring cases of corruption and arrogance among their ranks in the past.

So I'm just hoping for best in the coming 5 years, that is:

-The yet-to-be fully independent EC gets a full reform to be absolutely independent. Evidently there has been a handicap in the polls today.

-The culprits of said events be brought to justice.

-The foreign ghost voters be dealt with ethically and without violence. I understand many of them haven't the slightest clue of the magnitude their actions had done.

-No violent outburst or riots or any form of provocation happening tomorrow.

-What happens the next few days will not divide us, but unite us as a stronger community of Malaysians.

No comments:

Post a Comment